Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Preparation: Jeff's Travels

China

Saudi Arabia

India
My husband Jeff travels around the world for his job at least one week out of each month.  He has been consistently travelling at this pace for about two years now.  He and I hate the fact that he is gone so much, especially for our children, but now I can look back and see why God has led us down this path.  Without Jeff being gone, I would still not know the Father as my BEST FRIEND.  Until two years ago, my husband was my best friend.  He still is my best friend on Earth of course, but I have had to lean on God more than I had ever had to before.  I spend time with him on lonely nights and almost every morning.  I have depended on Him when I am frustrated with being a "single mom" and when He really has been the only person around to talk to. 

I also know that God has shown my husband and I a bigger world view than we knew before.  Jeff is so good at getting to know new people from other cultures, relating to them, and enjoying their cuisine.  There is hardly anything that he won't try and most of the time he enjoys new foods.  Jeff has helped me to see that people in other parts of the world are kind, loving, and respectful.  We can see now that we are not entitled to the freedoms, culture, religion, wealth, and health that we have here in the United States.  We are extremely blessed to have been born here.  We did not do anything to deserve our upbringing and there is no reason why people around the world should not be able to have the same life.  We believe that we are to be the hands and feet of Christ around the world not just to evangelize to them, but also to help provide for their basic needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment