Monday, June 20, 2011

A couple of treasures

Today we found a fun way to refresh and cool off. It was so exciting to find, that I immediately let my kids take off shoes and socks and go for it! Normally, my controlling nature would have said, "let’s do it after lunch" or "let’s come back when we have the right clothes or towels". But no, I was so happy for them to do something they loved that we went for it.



These fountains are pretty similar to the ones at Crown Center in KC, but the last time when we did this at Crown Center, my kids didn’t want to go near the fountains. They were scared of them. Not this time!




Yesterday, Jack had an "interview" at his school. His principal just wanted to meet him, sit down with him, and ask him some questions like, "What was your favorite thing to do at school this year?" etc. He loved seeing his school and surprisingly was really pumped about the swimming pool and swim class he will have every week. I hope he stays pumped up about it.

He and Grace were invited to play in the playground area for a while too! They loved that and I love watching Jack drive Grace around in the tricycles. They are two peas in a pod.




Both of these treasures were really nice to find after striking out this week with several shopping areas. I was hoping for kids areas with playgrounds or fun places for them to eat, but no. We struck out several times for the kiddos. Mommy on the other hand, knows several shopping places to venture to when the kids are not around.

No comments:

Post a Comment