Monday, July 1, 2013

Awaiting our son


Awaiting the arrival of our son has been full of ups and downs, but mainly I haven't really allowed myself to dwell on the waiting so much.  We have had so many things to keep us busy and keep our minds occupied that now I find myself in a rush/panic because we will be picking up Will in about a month!!

 A week after our return to Beijing in late July, we will be traveling to another Province to meet Will.  Jeff and I will take a 2 hour 45 minute high speed train to the capital city of another Province in China while Jeff's mom will be staying in Beijing with Jack and Grace.  Jeff and I will meet Will the day after we arrive and then we will spend 4 more days there going to court and waiting for paperwork to get finalized.  Then, we will bring him back to Beijing.  Because we live in China, we can wait to travel to Guangzhou in mid-October.

This week we are hoping to do a little clothes shopping which will be a bit of guess work as to what his actual sizes will be.  We also will be bringing back a few diapers and pull-ups just in case he's not quite as potty-trained as the reports tell us.   My sister-in-law and I did some garage sale shopping where I found some great books and toys.  You know, we had given away most of our toddler books, toys, and clothes. 

I am really excited to go back a little bit in development stages and get to do some of those learning games and activities that I once did with Jack and Grace before they were in school.  I've got some websites I've been checking out, my art supplies, and laminator ready to go! 

Mostly, we've been doing a lot of praying.  There are lots of fears and questions that can occupy your mind when you bring an almost 3 year old into your family.  Questions like:
  • Who is going to connect with Will quickly?
  • Is he going to cry a lot in the beginning?
  • Will has never had any western food, how can I give him things he likes at first?
  • And many, many more
But, as we tell our friends and family, God helps all of us love and raise our children.  ALL children are different and you have to adapt to their various needs.  We will deal with issues the same way that we do with Jack and Grace.  We will pray and look for guidance from above.  








No comments:

Post a Comment