I have been amazed at how much Will is changing. He has been with us for only 3 months and the changes, progress, and person that he is becoming is exciting to see.
From the time we picked him up till now, he is blossoming.
He smiles all the time now
He tries more and more new things that require energy, strength, and vulnerability
He is developing a great sense of humor and play
He is progressing with new skills and learning all the time
He is talking constantly even if we can't understand everything he is trying to say
He is developing a love for each of us
Seeing my child grow into a new creation reminds me of how God sees us.
Because He made us, He designs each of us with unique qualities, gifts, and interests.
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalm 139: 13-14)
There are many things in this world that can try to destroy who we are in Him. Circumstances, environment, sin, etc separate us from who we can be. When we come into His family, He makes us a new creation and takes all of those wonderful things about us and the not-so wonderful things about us and makes a beautiful masterpiece. We are always changing and developing into His design.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! (2 Cor 5:17)
We are His canvas in which He makes His art for His glory.
I can see how God took Will's unfortunate beginning and how He can and WILL make something extraordinary. He does the same through each of us as we walk with Him.
Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget you, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. (Isaiah 49:15-16)
Praise God....How Great Thou Art! My prayer is that I will allow God to do His artwork through me as I see His glory through my children.




No comments:
Post a Comment