Tonight I am reminded of Isaiah 40:31, "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength". As Jeff and I are trying to patiently wait upon the Lord and His answer we have seen over and over again how His strength will rise within us. I feel like the last two years of intense travel for Jeff has been partly a test to see where we derive our strength. It definitely cannot be from ourselves or we would have tired long ago. I have found my strength in God's word and spending time with Him.
I feel like an answered prayer is just around the corner. The decision has been made by Jeff's management to offer to send our family to China. We gladly accept this idea because it will bring an end to our family being apart about 50% of the time over the last couple of years and Jeff's heavy workload. Now, we are just waiting to be presented with the offer in writing and accept. We have said over and over between the two of us, that if God wants us to stay we will understand a closed door from Him and figure out next steps. But, we are hopeful that we will get this opportunity.
Jeff and I have identified a distinct passion that has arisen within us for other people groups around the world. Through events here in the KC metro area, Africa, and Jeff's work, God has opened our eyes to our mission of reaching the nations not only for salvation, but also for aid and compassion.
We are trying to readjust our daily lives to fit God's commission for us. We also hope to instill this love for others into the very fibers of our children. We all hope for our children to be "better" than we are. For some that could mean a better job, for others it could mean better off financially. Jeff and I are really want Jack and Grace to be better at loving other people.
No comments:
Post a Comment