Friday, April 8, 2011

Earthly Things Don't Matter

Our house is going on the market on Monday and as our wonderful Realtor left our house last night, I almost gave into the tears that were fighting to burst out of my eyes.  I have been known in the past to express (or maybe complain) to my husband about the things that I would change about our home even though it is lovely.  As sinful humans, we always have a tendency to desire what we do not have like a porch on our house, or a bigger kitchen, a different layout, or whatever the case may be.  But the truth for me right now is that I hate thinking about giving up the first home that Jeff and I bought together.  A year after we got married we moved here and were ECSTATIC to buy this house. 






We brought our babies home to this house and have watched them grow through beautiful stages of life.  We also have developed close relationships with some of our neighbors.  The memories we have created here in 7 years are more than I realized until thinking about selling. 

Selling will be the best option financially if things go as planned, but it's hard.  For anyone who has young children, enjoy the little moments in your home with your family!  I know from one of my favorite songs that "earthly things don't matter, they just fade and shatter when we're touched by love divine".  I'm trying really hard to remember that.  I know that the memories and the love will not be left behind. 

3 comments:

  1. aw, tracy... it just breaks my heart to read this! be sure you've got lots of pictures to take with you... and just because you sell the house, doesn't mean you sell the memories. i have the fondest memories of the first house i really grew up in, in connecticut. but, i'm glad we don't live there anymore... i would never have met you if we had! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy - Our paster preached on Easter about the way God gets into our lives and TOTALLY disrupts what we have going on, breaks down the things and the life we've built, only to use us in extraordinary ways. I have always looked to you and Jeff as people who let God into your life. He is certainly able to use you to affect serious change in the world. I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jeff & Tracy,
    Today, I'm sure you have been hurriedly getting things ready for your trip tomorrow. Just wanted to tell you I will be thinking of you as you are winging your way over the ocean to your new home in China. It seems so far away, but I will forever hold you close in my heart. This is not Good-Bye, but So Long until we meet again. Hugs & Kisses to all. Grandma Arnett

    ReplyDelete