Monday, August 1, 2011

Slip Cover Adventure

The apartment furnishes a dining room table which is so nice, but all of the chairs are covered with white cushioning.  As any parent of small children knows, this does not work!  We have put more stains on these chairs even after telling our children they may only sit in the same chair for every meal.  :)

I decided that we needed slip covers that were washable so that we could have guests over and they would not have to sit on our food stains.  So, I began a search.  I have expressed in earlier posts that searching for something in Beijing can be tedious and frustrating.  I went straight to my friend Jenni who told me of a cheap fabric store.  She recommended taking the actual chair in our van so that they could measure and there would be no mis-communication. 

Mr. Li and Miss Holly helped me (praise Jesus!!) by taking me to the store across Beijing, communicating what I needed, and even helping me carry the chair through the shopping area with two kids in tow.  We were quite the spectacle.  But, IT WAS A SUCCESS!!  The seamstress knew exactly what I needed, didn't charge me too much (even though Mr. Li said that she upselled me because I'm a westerner) and a week later I picked up some wonderful slip covers!




No comments:

Post a Comment