Thoughts about home....
After leaving Beijing for almost 3 weeks and returning home, I am beginning to see a bigger picture of what "HOME" really is. We had a blast being back in the U.S. enjoying some of the comforts that are not so readily available here in Beijing. We did get to eat a lot of great food favorites, I think we ate at Chipotle and Panera about 3 times each. We did have some great BBQ too, but mostly we had a great time with family and friends. As we have come to find out, there is not enough time to do everything you want to do, see everyone you want to see when you are home for a short time. That, of course, is the biggest downside.
Jeff and I talked a lot about our feelings throughout the few weeks and even though we were EXTREMELY busy, we wouldn't have had it any other way!!! We were glad to come home, it still does feel like home because we have so many loved ones there. We also can't imagine not being home for Christmas, even with all of the hustle and bustle.
But, we had another observation and feeling. Beijing really does feel like home for us right now. It is where our own apartment is, where we can let our hair down and do absolutely nothing. We were ready to come back and have a normal schedule, we were ready to play with our kids in our own home. We were ready to see our new friends, small group, and be at our church. It just really reaffirmed that we are exactly where God has desired for us to be, doing exactly what He wants us to do. Isn't that amazing?? God proves over and over that if I will trust Him, release my fear, and hope in Him, He will work out all of the details!
Lastly, HOME for me, is wherever I can sit alone with my Bible, journal, and pen (I do have a pen fetish), and be with my Father. How I yearn for Him these days, He is my constant, unchangeable, reliable, HOME. I hope that you have that HOME as well.


No comments:
Post a Comment