Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Target, I miss you, I NEED you!



So, a big problem we are facing right now with living in China is this:
I know EXACTLY what kinds of toys would be good for Little Guy.  
I know what kinds of crafts and activities we could do to help him develop, catch up, and learn.
The problem is...I either can't find what I'm looking for, or
it's 2-3 times the price!!  Ugghh!!

For example, Little Guy and I have found great stores with great toys like this...
 So, Will started to play

But then a lady comes up to me and is trying to tell me something in Chinese.
She points to a sign (all in Chinese of course except some numbers)
I start to realize (after about 15 minutes of charades and a few tears later)
 that you have to pay money to play for a certain amount of time.
Okay, okay, I think, it's still worth him playing here for a while. 
 So I go ahead and pay and he DOES have a great time! 
 I'm just sad that I can't find these toys at a reasonable price.


This puzzle that would sell at target is the equivalent of $20.00 here in Beijing.

I cannot bring myself to buy these toys.  A shape stackable shape sorter is $50.00!!
A package of 8 Crayola crayons is $15.  
We saw a kitchen where he could stand and play at was about $120.00.

So, I'm making a lot of toys like this...don't laugh...if you know me, you know that I would probably make toys out of recyclables anyway!  Ha!
 Next time you go to Target, Wal-mart, wherever, be thankful for good quality toys that are priced fairly. 






No comments:

Post a Comment