We had a request to take a picture of the church we attend. We attend BICF, Beijing International Christian Fellowship that rents office space and an auditorium in this building. It has been wonderful and we are enjoying getting involved there! To attend this church, you have to show an international passport at the front door each week. Jackson calls his Sunday School teacher, "Kung Fu Master". I don't know how that got started, but he loves it. This is where we have met some new friends and where we are looking forward to serving!
This is the street market I have started to shop at. It is down a back street by our apartment and the prices are great! Hopefully, they will start to recognize me and I can develop some relationships, especially as my Mandarin gets better. :)
Assortments of rice, beans, nuts, eggs, seeds, etc.
With fruit prices being so low, I have declared to Jeff that, "I will never buy fruit juice in a bottle again!" He laughed. So this is my new juicing machine and this is my first batch of watermelon juice. Next, I'm going to make my own orange juice, then different blends.....mango/pineapple???
Grace playing dress up with bunny and friends!
We spent the Fourth of July at this gorgeous park, hiking, playing soccer, and taking a backpack lunch. It was a great day followed by a BBQ with some friends. No fireworks, but I think I will save some at Chinese New Year next year! The next pictures show how stairs are used at all of these historic Chinese temples. It reminded Jack of Kung Fu Panda.....
"There's my worst enemy....stairs" - Po from Kung Fu Panda 2
Lastly, Jeff and the kids in one of the caves we think with statues of past Chinese emporers???
Here's Jeff and Grace at the BBQ. Some friends just opened a coffee shop, so they provided a bunch of food and you just brought your own meat to grill.











No comments:
Post a Comment