Monday, July 4, 2011

Watchout Andrew Zimmern, Here Come the Catons

If you've ever watched Travel Channel, you have probably seen your fair amount of Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.  Jeff and I used to love watching his show along with No Reservations.  Well, now we actually are trodding some of the same steps as these guys who walked along Wangfujing street in the search of some exotic treats.  Friday night we visited this very crowded place and tried SOME of the food they offer. 
We all tried the sugar glazed fruit on a stick.  It was yummy and very sticky!

They also tried fried banana....
And roasted corn on the cob.
But they left the exotic to Jeff and I, like scorpions.  Jeff had two and I actually ate one!
How about some sharwama?  Lamb and lettuce wrapped in a pita.  Really good.
Here are some more pictures of treats we could not stomach.....


Yes, those are spiders!!!!


Baby ducks and birds, aaawwww, so sad.

Anyway, we had a great time looking around! 






No comments:

Post a Comment