Saturday, September 24, 2011

Trying New Things

Mom and Aunt Linda (My Dad's sister), both use oxygen.  Linda uses it mainly in the daytime and arranged her oxygen with her doctor.  However, my mom uses it at night and needed me to find a concentrator here in Beijing.  This was a scavenger hunt that took me all over the city.  First we went to the hospital and clinic that we are to use as a family through Jeff's work.  After telling me that they do not provide oxygen tanks or concentrators, they told me to go to a local pharmacy.  I went to one that wasn't big enough to carry them so Mr. Li took us to a big pharmacy.  He, Grace, and I went inside and asked about the oxygen.  Low and behold they had concentrators that looked like my mom's back home, but they do not rent them here.  We would have to buy one.  Now, we have oxygen for anyone else who comes to visit, if my mom comes back, or I guess we can try to sell it on the Beijing version of Craig's List.  :)

Here is Mr. Li listening to the store clerk explain to him how to run it in case we needed help.

 I definately think that Mr. Li goes above and beyond the call of duty for our family so many times.  He has also helped us convert money and transfer it between U.S. and Chinese banks, a complicated time consuming process that is not in his job description.

Here is a picture of Mom and Aunt Linda as they looked at a menu at the Beijing Roasted Duck restaurant.  They trusted Jeff to order the meal, but I gave them a menu to brouse some of the options.  I think they were pretty horrified by some, but were thankful that those were not what we chose.  We did have them try some new things and they loved the actual duck.  So did Jack who ate more at that meal than I did. 



No comments:

Post a Comment