There are some ladies that I volunteer with that represent the word "selfless" to me. They give so much time, energy, money, resources, and love to orphans and disabled orphans. Two ladies that I have met are at their second orphanage starting up an educational program for preschool and nursery ages. Frequently, they take children into their own homes and care for them when they have pneumonia or other physical problems that the orphanage cannot handle until a surgery can occur or they heal. A lot of times, babies are left by their birth parents because of physical ailments that are very treatable, but they can't afford to provide for them, or because of the cultural stigma of disabilities. After surgeries, sometimes you can't even tell that they had a "problem". These ladies also help to organize portfolios for adoption and raise money for needed surgical procedures.
Due to confidentiality, I cannot show you pictures of the children at the orphanage, but I can show you the wonderful educational area that they get to come to now for school time. The teachers and volunteers have seen tremendous improvements in the children in various ways due to more dedicated physical therapy, attention, play, and learning. A lot of times, new children will come to the school area very apprehensive and scared because of the new environment and new faces of the volunteers and teachers. But after a few days I have seen them start to interact and be happy!
Here are the two hired teachers, they are so patient and loving.
Here are some pictures of the area around this orphanage, it is about 40 minutes from where I live in the south-west part of Beijing.
![]() |
| Selling chickens |
Jesus Loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little Ones to Him belong
They are weak, but He is strong.









No comments:
Post a Comment