Saturday, November 12, 2011

Family Business

Just like in Kung Fu Panda, Miss Holly's father makes and sells noodles along with her brother each and every day.  They get up before the sun rises to prepare the day's work.  They make a couple of different kinds of noodles including noodles made out of bean paste.  I asked her if she could show me how to make spinach noodles which a lot of people reading this might already know how to make.  I like spinach noodles because they actually don't taste any different than regular noodles, but you get the added vegetable benefit.  I told my kids that I had just added green food coloring, (yes, I lied) and Grace asked if next time I could make them purple.

Washing the spinach
Chopping
Squeezing the spinach juices
We just want the juice, no leaves
Add the other ingredients for noodles
After kneading the dough and letting it sit for a while, we roll it out
check out the beautiful green color!
This week, Holly also made cheese ravioli for us, which was just putting mozzarella cheese inside the dumpling pockets instead of the Chinese version.  They were great!

1 comment: