Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Charity Gala

The apartment complex that we live in is in conjunction with a hotel, mall, and office buildings all on the same site.  Recently, they started publishing their own magazine and they wanted to highlight an interview with a family that lives in their apartment buildings.  For some reason, they decided to highlight our family.  So last week, I sat down for an interview with one of their directors and they did a photo shoot of our family in our home.  As a thank you, they gave Jeff and I free tickets to attend the annual Charity Gala that they put on to raise money for some different organizations in Beijing. 

We decided to go and our friends babysat for us.  We dressed up and went, not knowing exactly what to expect.  It was a very formal dinner and there were some very wealthy, popular musicians, VIP's there including high government officials.  Needless to say, we were out of our element, but it was a lot of fun!  We had to watch others at our table to see if they were drinking from the glasses on the right of your plate or the left.  Here are some pictures!  Guess who I saw for the SECOND time in Beijing.....Yao Ming!!  His autographed basketball went for about $600,000!! 

Ballroom
Veal-Not my fav, but really good.  I tried not to think about the baby calf :(

Now this chocolate cranberry dessert was good
Yao Ming

I can't believe how tall he is.....

He is really known for his charity work here in China too.

No comments:

Post a Comment