My world view got a little bit bigger this past weekend. I attended a Global Leadership Summit telecast that was held in the U.S. but broadcast around the world. I was actually helping to lead music at the two day event where a couple of things were brought to my attention. First, this was the first leadership conference of it's kind that was broadcast in Sri Lanka, Cambodia, and several other places in Asia. We actually had many different leaders who attended from all over China. It was so neat to see leaders from these places so excited to meet together to learn so many things they could take back to their homes.
I was having a conversation with one person from Beijing who does not attend my church. He was asking me about the music we were singing and wondering how he could get copies of it. Since we do not see each other, I cannot give him a c.d. and there is no place for him to purchase anything like that here in China. Also, he does not have access to the same Internet that I do, therefore, he's really out of luck. I guess I will be e-mailing him one song at a time so that he has some new uplifting music by which the H.S. can minister to him. How sad it is that he is denied access to some of the music that has ministered to me so many times. I can't imagine realizing that there is music out there that I love, but cannot reach it. Please pray that people over here will have the same opportunities that we have for hearing about the Word through many mediums. Also, during Thanksgiving, give thanks that we have access to music, houses of worship, and the Best-Selling book of all time!
No comments:
Post a Comment