Sunday, April 15, 2012

We are locals!! Well....getting closer.

My friend Steph got a recommendation of a salon that does hair, nails, massage, ear candles (wax removing), sells purses, sells scarves, you name it, they probably do it.  She had been there a few times and was telling me how great it was, especially the price.  It is very cheap.  So I went with some ladies to check it out and get a mani and pedi.  We walked from the subway station into an apartment complex where we were then buzzed up.  You go into this apartment and they have cushy chairs and footstools set up with different rooms set up for the different services.  It was local in the fact that many Chinese people run businesses out of apartments.  Flight Attendants also know about this place and pack the house in the evenings, it is a place you have to know by word of mouth. 


This man cutting hair was said to have been trained at one of the western style salons.

Jeff and the kids needed haircuts as well, so we went back that night and they all got haircuts, I think for around 5 bucks each.  If I recall correctly, my mani and pedi was only $15 dollars, together!  That night we went back, it was crawling with flight attendants that we got the pleasure of talking with.  Of course, Jeff loved that because he knows all kinds of airline details from his million miler status.  (gag!)  Jack and Grace made friends with BoBo, the little boy of the lady selling purses in one of the rooms.  From my guess, he comes with his mama everyday and stays at the shop with her till close. He was very sweet and could speak good English, just from being in the salon everyday.


It was so fun and we will be going back there from now on.  I must admit, I haven't decided if I will let them color my hair.....I'm just being honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment