Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Backyard

So, we don't have a backyard.  That has been the hardest thing for MOMMY this Spring.  I'm not struggling without a house, I actually feel very free that we sold ours, and I'm sure Jack and Grace really don't know any different, but it has been tough for me.  I think about our old backyard, our great neighbors, sitting outside in lawn chairs watching the kids play, riding bikes up and down the street, my garden, bonfires, our swingset, mowing the yard (yes I actually enjoyed that),  BBQing, and the list goes on and on.....

Seriously, the backyard is a huge deal for me! 

Jeff and I like to talk through things on our balcony when something is weighing on our minds.  We had to talk through the backyard.  I told him what I was feeling and we realized once again that not having a backyard is one of the things that we have given up to move to China and live here.  That's just how it is for this season of life.  But, it is always good to dwell on the positives and what blessings God has given us.  We also  meditate on scriptures like....

Psalm 33:20
"We wait in hope for the Lord; 
he is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name."











Hebrews 10:23
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

Exercising, Early Sunday morning at Ritan Park

Dancing, early Sunday morning at Ritan Park


Some kind of parade?  Early Sunday morning, near Ritan Park


And I have LOVED this one recently...
Zephaniah 3:17
"He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."


No comments:

Post a Comment