Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wrappin' it up

We are wrappin' up the school year here in Beijing.  I know that a lot of you are done with school this week!  We are not finished until the 14th of June, but I have to keep in mind that we have a LOT of vacation days throughout the year.  I actually really like the schedule.

As we experience some end of the school year activities at BCIS, I wanted to share some highlights.  After our first year, we have officially been here a year, I must say that one of the best things about living here is the kids' school.  They LOVE school and we love their school as well.  It has been a great experience for all of us.

Nursery-First Grade Spring Concert

Square Dancing

Mover and Shaker
Jack especially has made a few really good friends at school.  He likes having them over for play dates and going to their homes.  I know that he will really miss them this summer because most expats go to their home countries for the majority of the summer.

Ahmed is from Kuwait

Leila is from Australia

Josh is from Australia
Ahmed, Jack, Leila getting geared up for a field trip
A couple weekends ago there was a big celebration at the school with cultural art exhibitions, food, games, bounce houses, face painting, and more. 




Here are some fun projects the kids have brought home recently from "Experiencing China Week".  I'm faced with every mother's question:  What do I do with all of the papers and artwork they bring home?  Throw them away?  No way!  Dilemma.....

Grace's Chinese Fan

Jack's Chinese character writings and origami
So, we have had a great school year, but we are ready for summer!!  We will be going home for three weeks to Missouri.  We will return and do a lot of swimming I'm sure!  We've been practicing a lot at BCIS over the winter months in their indoor swimming pool.


No comments:

Post a Comment